When it comes to increasing your intake of raw food, desserts are a great means of getting raw food with heaps of vitamins and minerals, especially in the winter time when you may not feel like eating salads.
Raw desserts are also a great way of introducing friends to the wonders of raw superfoods.
- 100g Raw Cacao Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons Agave Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup of Dates(soak for 20 minutes prior)
- 1 Small pinch of rock salt (Optional - use good quality sea salt to lift the chocolate flavour)
Method for Pie Base:
- Get rid of the water for soaking dates, then place in a food processor with cashew nuts and whizz on high for 20 seconds. (or until the nuts and dates are in small pieces stuck together)
- Put your cacao butter in a glass mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water and keep stirring until it is melted (this will prevent the cacao butter from being heated too high and losings its nutritional value).
- Take glass mixing bowl away from heat and add in cacao powder, agave and salt and with a wooden spoon mix together.
- Put all ingredients into food processor and whizz for another 30 seconds.
- Then press ingredients into a pie dish and place in freezer.
Ingredients for pie filling:
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 bananas chopped up
- 2 teaspoons of mesquite
- Cacao nibs and agave syrup for decorating (optional)
Method for Pie Filling
- Place all ingredients in Food processor omitting cacao nibs and agave.
- Whizz up for 20 seconds
- Leave to stand on bench top for 20 minutes, this allows the chia seeds to absorb the coconut cream and makes the mixture become gelatinous.
- Then once the pie base is hard pour the filling over it and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the mixture is firm sprinkle with cacao nibs and drizzle with syrup.
- Take out of the freezer approximately 30 minutes before eating.
Give this delicious recipe a go and enjoy the taste of real chocolate.