For all of you who who love sweet foods this recipes is a great one to add to your repertoire it is easy to make, requires no cooking, tastes delicious and what is more is full of nutrients. What makes this so nutritious is that the ingredients are mainly raw foods, so they keep their vitamins and minerals and because they are blended they are easy to digest. The balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats in these bars makes them a great, on the run breakfast, snack to take on long journeys, or for days out with your kids and can just be eaten for morning or afternoon tea.
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sacha Inchi Protein Powder (or protein powder of your choice)
- 1 cup Goji Berries
- 1 cup raw cashews or almonds (not soaked)
- 1-1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- pinch sea salt 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or raw honey
- Put your nuts of choice, oats, chia, protein powder, sea salt, and cinnamon in the blender.
- Blend until your mixture is ground up, but not to finely as you still want it to have some texture.
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk it with agave or honey.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend starting on low and and then increasing the speed.
- When everything is ground up and the goji berries are well mixed in you need to scoop the mixture onto a piece of baking paper.
- Place another piece of baking paper over the dough and then roll out until it the thickness you require.
- Put in the fridge for an hour and when it is firm you can cut up into bars and store in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe can be easily adapted for example you may want to use a different type of protein powder, some people use pea protein or hemp protein powder, if you have a good source of whey protein you can use that too. You may want to add in a variety of dried fruits, I put in a few dried apricots as well as goji berries. However I prefer to only use coconut oil as it is a form of fat which is easy to digest and has many health benefits. The chia seeds also provide the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, along with goji berries adding sweetness and being a rich source of the antioxidants cartonoids such as beta-carotene. So get whizzing and enjoy these su